I have been dying to go bluefishing again on a party boat and I thought I would see if anyone here would be interested in joining me!!  It will have to be either August or September.   It is 3:30pm to 9:30pm out of Atlantic Highlands and if you've never gone bluefishing - let me just say that it is FUN!  They will actually fight you unlike boring fluke that are too easy to reel in.  It is $55 + $5 for a rod if you need one.  They only do group rates during the week :(

Who's comin with me?!? 

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like fun and I'm always looking to kick some bluefish arse. I just have to see what my schedule looks like once I get back to the East Coast. Stop doing all of the fun stuff while I'm away peeps. Gosh ;o)
Don't worry, I'll wait for ya!! So far for me, the dates that do not work are:
8/7(Kevin is doing a NY day), 8/8(Dar in Alaska), 8/14(Morristown Sundress & Tie Party), Labor Day weekend, and 9/18(friend's bday). Tony is putting together a DE River trip but no date on that yet.

How about 8/21, 22, 28 or 29 for fishing??

Dar said:
Sounds like fun and I'm always looking to kick some bluefish arse. I just have to see what my schedule looks like once I get back to the East Coast. Stop doing all of the fun stuff while I'm away peeps. Gosh ;o)
Party + boat = I'm there. Is it required that you fish to go to this?
I was going to ask the same question...do you have to fish or can you just go for the party+boat? :-)
Hey girls - well, no you don't HAVE to fish at least I don't think you do - but you would still need to pay to board and every person that boards that isn't fishing is taking away a spot for someone that wants to.

I also want to make it very clear for those that don't know what a "party boat" is - these boats are not yachts or anything. They are very bare bones, made for fishing. The inside cabin is just tables and benches with a food stand. You can bring a few beers, but they don't encourage heavy drinking. It becomes a safety hazard. Hard alcohol is not allowed. Here is a link to the boat we would go on.
http://www.prowler5.com/

On that note.......
C'mon girls - it's FUN, so what if ya get a little dirty! Yes, fish are slimy and gross, but the deckhands will help you. Just don't wear flip flops or you might get nipped by a fish like I did - lol
The hell with the bluefish, I want to fish for some TUNA!
I just don't want anyone to set aside the day, take the time to get there and then be like WTF!? lol

Michelle said:
Hey girls - well, no you don't HAVE to fish at least I don't think you do - but you would still need to pay to board and every person that boards that isn't fishing is taking away a spot for someone that wants to.

I also want to make it very clear for those that don't know what a "party boat" is - these boats are not yachts or anything. They are very bare bones, made for fishing. The inside cabin is just tables and benches with a food stand. You can bring a few beers, but they don't encourage heavy drinking. It becomes a safety hazard. Hard alcohol is not allowed. Here is a link to the boat we would go on.
http://www.prowler5.com/

On that note.......
C'mon girls - it's FUN, so what if ya get a little dirty! Yes, fish are slimy and gross, but the deckhands will help you. Just don't wear flip flops or you might get nipped by a fish like I did - lol
Ok, it does sound interesting and I've never been blue fishing before. Once you pick a definite date then I'll let you know. :-)
Hi Michelle,
If this is a co-ed thing, and there's interest in getting a small group going, I'm up for an afternoon of fishing, and would be interested in attending too.

Separate from a fishing trip, just throwing an idea out there for more of an actual "party boat" at a later date: There are day/evening cruises that run out of docks all over central and north jersey, Here's a list, if anyone is interested in getting one of these going too, I'm in too :) http://www.funnewjersey.com/upload_user/Outdoor_Adventure/DINNER_CR...
Awesome! YES, totally co-ed!! I hope a few more people are interested. I'd like to get at least 5 people.

That would be cool too, I was on a dinner cruise probably about 10 years ago for a work party - fun times! :-) Maybe in September? August is getting booked up quickly!

Christopher Pecci said:
Hi Michelle,
If this is a co-ed thing, and there's interest in getting a small group going, I'm up for an afternoon of fishing, and would be interested in attending too.

Separate from a fishing trip, just throwing an idea out there for more of an actual "party boat" at a later date: There are day/evening cruises that run out of docks all over central and north jersey, Here's a list, if anyone is interested in getting one of these going too, I'm in too :) http://www.funnewjersey.com/upload_user/Outdoor_Adventure/DINNER_CR...
I might be interested. Keep me posted. Haven't done deep sea fishing in ages.
-Matt
this sounds great i never been fishing before lol and willing to learn!

Atlantic Highlands is a great area i work on that road and know of good places to go before or after for some grub

and also about the DE river trip u know what is a great time white water rafting i havent done it in a long time..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service