What other sub-groups should we add to NJYP, http://www.njyp.org/groups  Post your ideas here and they may be included in a survey.  The survey results will then dictate what gets added and what goes not.

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All these are great ideas and would be for the groups section. Movie Lovers, Concert goers, sports group (playing and watching), Great Outdoors, Foodies and Art lovers or Cultural group that goes to science museums and other museums, botanical gardens, zoos or aquariums.
Would it be more productive to have a Community Service Group or just to encourage those members who are interested to work with Team Charity on their events? I think that the two groups have had a good history of working together.

Anu Khare said:
How about a group for community service/philanthropy? I am sure there are a lot of young professionals who like to get involved(I know I am!).
Keep the ideas coming.  Nearly all will go into a survey so we can then see what most Members want.
I like the idea of working with pre-existing groups, but it seems like most of Team Charity's events are in northern NJ. My thought is that the Community Service group could work with Team Charity and a bunch other NJ volunteer organizations. I see a lot of posts in the forums about charity events and drives that would fit into a Community Service Group.

Kevin Haughwout said:
Would it be more productive to have a Community Service Group or just to encourage those members who are interested to work with Team Charity on their events? I think that the two groups have had a good history of working together.

Anu Khare said:
How about a group for community service/philanthropy? I am sure there are a lot of young professionals who like to get involved(I know I am!).
I like Bookworms, by county, movies,music,and sports (specifically Yankees fans ;)).

What about a sub-group for those involved in races?  ie, 5-10K runs, duathlons, triathlons, mud runs, cycling, etc.  I'm just getting into racing, and I would love to learn from others about techniques and such.  It would be cool to race with another/other NJYP buddies!

Endurance sports (runners and triathletes)
I would at a Tennis Group since this is a fun activity in the summer and I play at a meetup group every weekend during spring and summer.
Same here I think there should more along these lines related to art/museum trips etc :)

Kristen B said:

I'd like to see these groups:

- Art lovers - to plan gallery or museum trips

- Foodies - try out different restaurants

- Crafty - those into various crafts or going somewhere to try glasswork, knitting classes, etc.

More art related groups for sure. Trips, museusms etc! :)
I'd vote for a music / concert goers group.  And maybe a "pick-up sports" group where people who enjoying playing various sports can get together without the need to join a team.
I love Nicole's ideas! I am dying to meet fellow Bookworms!!

Nicole said:

Here are some of my ideas:

- Bookworms - people looking to join book clubs

- Movie Lovers - people looking for other people to go to the movies with

- Techies

- Job Seekers - people looking for jobs who are looking for "job search buddies"

- Gym Buddies

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service