About a year and a half ago, I moved to NJ from Scranton, PA (any "Office" fans here?). My first year here was quite a busy transition, so I did not really try to branch out and meet new people. Fast forward to 2017, I decided to make a New Year's resolution to meet new friends in the area, and came across this group! This group is a great idea and I can't wait to tell others about it :)
I have not attended an event yet, so would like to get to know the members a bit. So please have fun and reply with your own answers too!
1. What summer activity do you look most forward to? How about winter?
- summer: watching the sunsets from LBI on the Barnegat Bay
- winter: New Year's Eve
2. What is your favorite animal?
3. If you could change New Jersey to make it look anyway you want, and have any climate, what would it be?
- I'd make it tropical with a year-round warm (but not humid) climate, full of palm trees, and an actually blue ocean.
Looking forward to meeting some new people here in NJ!
Hi Julie, welcome!
Frankly, I just moved back to NJ from Chicago a few months ago and was in a similar boat (busy transition back). I also hope to get out there soon!
Fun questions, here are my answers:
1. The beach and skiing
3. Same as San Diego
Let me know how your experience in NJ has been so far. Looking forward to meeting you in the near future!
Welcome to the Garden State. If you're in Mercer County, I suggest you try to make it to at least one Trenton Thunder game this upcoming season. I've been going for over 20 years. They're always a blast and they have lots of events there.
Here's my answers
Summer: Walking the boardwalk in Wildwood
Winter: Seeing the Rockefeller Tree
Otters, because what's not to love about otters
I wouldn't change the climate. I love having 4 seasons. But I would like to see more green in the cities
Here are my answers:
1) Beach & Soccer, getting snowed in and watching a bunch of movies.
3) Take away winter and transform our beaches to an Aruba like setting.
I know that it may be a little late, but here goes nothing.
Summer: Sports in General, walking outside.
Winter: Staying indoors until I go outside to shovel snow.
3) Little to no snow, more car lanes which equals less traffic, and more beaches.
Thank you for the fun questions Julie.
How do you like the garden state? Hope I'm not too late with these answers :)
1. summer: going to concerts at pnc art center in Holmdel
winter: watching college basketball and hockey
2. guinea pig (had one as a child)
3. I would make NJ warmer (high 60's to low 70's) year-round.
Let me know if you need suggestions on where to eat/drink/go.
So I am late to the proverbial party but I like this idea so here goes!
1. Summer; I also love being on the Barnegat Bay but I am further north in Lavalette. I look forward to early morning fishing with my brothers before the sun rises.
Winter is passed but I always love the first real snowstorm and getting out snowboarding
2. I have always been intrigued by Elephants, they have an interesting social structure, are highly intelligent and even celebrate life and mourn death. Amazing creatures!
3. If I could change anything I would get rid of harsh winters, I love the changing seasons but if it bottomed out around 50 I would be happy with that!
I hope you are enjoying NJ and getting to know some new people. If you ever need anything let me know and I hope to see you at an event soon!