Issues with New Facebook Business Page Layout. Any insight?

My company just upgraded to the new business page layout for Facebook. A colleague who has also made the switch pointed out that only logged in Facebook users can see the new layout. Recent posts are also not visible to those who are not logged in.

For example, someone is on your business's website and clicks the link to your Facebook page. If they are not already logged into Facebook, not only will they not see the new layout, several of your most recent posts will not appear.

Has anyone else experienced this, or heard anything about how/when/if these issues will be resolved?

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It looks like this is a common problem.  I haven't run into it myself (I just upgraded my pages), but it seems to be a hot topic on forums and on comments on the FB blog.  I tried to check the Facebook Bug Tracker to see if it was in the queue, but the Bug Tracker is down (oops!)

Apparently this only affects the Wall, so you could always cheat by making a News tab or something and setting that as the landing page until the bug gets fixed.

- Kevin

Thanks Kev! OK, I'm glad this is something Facebook seems to have been made aware of at least. Hopefully it'll all be ironed out by the time all business pages are forcibly upgraded on March 10th, because this is SUPER annoying!

Kevin Haughwout said:

It looks like this is a common problem.  I haven't run into it myself (I just upgraded my pages), but it seems to be a hot topic on forums and on comments on the FB blog.  I tried to check the Facebook Bug Tracker to see if it was in the queue, but the Bug Tracker is down (oops!)

Apparently this only affects the Wall, so you could always cheat by making a News tab or something and setting that as the landing page until the bug gets fixed.

- Kevin

Actually, with that being said I should also give credit where credit is due--I am SUPER psyched that with the new business pages you can interact with your "Favorite Pages" (now "Likes" just like the personal profile) under the identity of your business page...about time I think! Now I just wish we could interact with individuals in the same way, but I see how the potential for spamming could preclude that ever happening. We'll see I guess!

Kevin Haughwout said:

- Kevin

Katie, if I remember correctly, the ability of a page to interact with individuals is governed by the individual's privacy settings.  Because a page Like is different that a friend, the page can't interact unless the individual's privacy settings are at the most open level ("Everyone", I think it's called.)

Are we the only ones geeking out about Facebook here?  I've got a social media Meetup group that I want to resuscitate, and I'd love to see some more fresh blood from NJYP.

- Kevin

I remember the day I joined NJYP I had JUST missed one! You told me I could come to the next one, but to my knowledge there hasn't been one yet...Fix it!
Yes ma'am! ;)

Katie said:
I remember the day I joined NJYP I had JUST missed one! You told me I could come to the next one, but to my knowledge there hasn't been one yet...Fix it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service