Dear Happy Hour Water Drinkers,

I'm making a simple request that if you go to an NJYP Happy Hour that you order more than just a glass of water.  If you do not drink alcohol you can order food, a soda, a nice virgin drink, ANYTHING but a glass of free water.

Why? You are taking up space in the bar and costing them money.  They are paying for rent, heat, electricity, insurance, internet, phone, etc.  You are also putting our relationship with the bar at risk. :(

What?  You ONLY drink water and you do not eat food??? Then hit up an NJYP hike where it is BYOWater.

Thanks,
Laura

PS, Many thanks to MOST of you who do not do this!  If you see someone ordering just water perhaps remind them they are hurting the bar, NJYP, and potentially you if Happy Hours start getting canceled.

Views: 837

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't read this whole post but this is hilarious. Hey guys just ask for a bottled water instead of the free tap water. You don't pay a cover what's the big deal with spending $5 on a bottle of water instead of tap. Its better for you anyway. Have fun!
I want to commend and applaud Laura for the effort she puts forth in ALL of the NJYP things (website, events, etc). This is a great organization and I hope to actively participate in it for a long time. That said, this entire thread should be deleted and forgotten about. This was one of those things that you kind of mention but don't argue about. It spiraled into ineffectiveness for a myriad of reasons that are unimportant. I'm not going to weigh in on the issue because I understand both sides of the argument and I don't anticipate this ever being an issue again. Let's cut our losses and not show prospective members browsing the site an atomic bomb of an argument amongst members when this issue is actually 4th of July sparkler sized. See you folks sooner than later!! lol ========>LOOK AT THE ATTACHMENT!!!!<======== lol
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service