Hi Everyone,

I know I have spoken with a few people who ski/snowboard.  Anyone interested in a day trip or w'end getaway - in Jan or Feb?   For the day, I typically head up to Camelback, or Shawnee.  I have been to Killington (VT) but I'm hesitant to go back.  I still consider myself a fairly novice snowboarder, so Killington was a bit expensive for someone of my skill level.

That said, I am open to all input, ideas, suggestions and/or help in planning.

Holly

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jon, Aaron and Stephen,

Welcome to the conversation. 

The other day a friend reminded me that I signed up for our football league and it's running on Sat afternoons for about 6 weeks.  I have never played during the winter b/c it's so cold, and we usually play on Sun nights, so I wasn't even thinking.  Therefore, I won't be available for a Sat or w'end trip until late Feb.  I will know the exact date soon.  That said, you obviously don't have to work around my schedule.  But, keep me updated on any Sunday trips, and maybe we can plan a weekend trip for late Feb/early March.  Most people have mentioned Hunter - I've never been, so that would definitely be of interest.  Guess it will be easiest to start a new discussion in the forum for each trip - with date, time, place etc.  Then we can just delete it after. 

I learned to ski for the first time last year at Campgaw.  I'd love to go back there to get some beginner practice.  Keep me posted!

Eric S. said:

Hi, I've been to going to Campgaw mountain in Mahwah the last two years.  I am still consider myself a beginner so the smaller slopes have been good to me.  Campgaw also has tubing.  I am definitely going again soon, to either Campgaw or Mountain Creek, when the weather is right.  So I'll keep in touch through the forum here.

I'm up for skiing or in my case snowboarding.  My buddy says Killington in Vermont is awesome.  For the day, I've been to camel back and it's okay. Let me know what you guys decide to do.

HI Stephen, Im a big fan of skiing Hunter Mountain and go acouple times a season. Let me know if you want to get a day or weekend trip going.  I am planning on heading up here on Sat, Jan 8th.

Stephen Kautz said:

Hi Holly, I would be interested in getting group of people to Hunter Mountain or Windham Mountain both are in New York about 3 hour from the Bridgewater area or I would go to blue Mountain there is very little for people that are black Diamond skiies in PA.

HI Devin,

I also am a big fan of Hunter Mountain and Killington.  Usually like hitting the intermediate and diamond level slopes.  Let me when you would like to do a Hunter day trip or a Killington weekend, Id be up for it!

I was planning on going up to Hunter on Sat, Jan 8th.  Let me know if you would be up for that.

Jon

Devin Glashow said:

Hi Holly (and everyone else!),

I snowboard nearly every weekend, and some week days also. I go all over, but usually go to:

NJ: Mountain creek (3 times)

NY: Hunter (several times)

PA: Blue Mountain (it's been a few years though)

VT: All over the place, but always Stratton at least once, Sugarbush at least once, and Killington at least 4. Other mountains too in VT.

I'm NOT against going to Camelback if you get a group thing going, but I'm also not 100% sure I'd go either. It's just as far as Mountain Creek or Blue Mountain in PA, and both have more Vertical than Camelback. I did go to Camelback once, and it was nice, but it was a hill and very short. That's why for the time and money I'd pick Mountain Creek or Blue Mountain, and for another hours drive, Hunter.

Why are you against Killington? If you want to go to Killington I can hook you up with some deals. Lodging would be $28 per night, and I can get you a ticket for $55 valid anytime. The same is true for anyone who wants to take a trip to Killington. Just drop me an email here and I can give you the details.

If you do get something together I'd be interested in the details.

Devin

Hi Everyone,  no slight to you Holly, but Im going to make another thread on the forum for anyone wanting to join me in a day trip to ski/snowboard Hunter Mountain on January 8th and go from there. 

Thank you for getting us started talking about the slopes though!

Jon

Hey Jon,

I'm not the least bit offended - I actually mentioned/encouraged people to start a new discussion for any day/weekend trips.  It's probably the easiest way, since this is such a broad topic.

Jon Berrian said:

Hi Everyone,  no slight to you Holly, but Im going to make another thread on the forum for anyone wanting to join me in a day trip to ski/snowboard Hunter Mountain on January 8th and go from there. 

Thank you for getting us started talking about the slopes though!

Jon

Hey Holly I would be interested if you guys get a trip together.  Do you have any dates in mind?  Keep me posted if you are able to put anything together.
Hi Arthur,

I think most people agreed it would be easier to post any specific trips as a new thread in the forum. But, feel free to post here with trips, or suggest a place/date. I'd def like to get a weekend trip going in late feb, and will let everyone know. Pretty sure I'll be at Hunter this Thurs. if anyone is around.

Arthur said:
Hey Holly I would be interested if you guys get a trip together.  Do you have any dates in mind?  Keep me posted if you are able to put anything together.

I can make Mountain Creek on Friday.  And I snowboard also.  Let me know if you're still up for it.  What time...where to meet........that kinda stuff.

Nate

Devin Glashow said:

I was going to to go Hunter tomorrow (Wednesday) but I'm still too tired from driving home from Vermont in the blizzard (not the smartest idea as I learned).

I'll be at Mountain Creek NJ on Friday...if anyone is interested.

Holly said:

Hi Arthur,

I think most people agreed it would be easier to post any specific trips as a new thread in the forum. But, feel free to post here with trips, or suggest a place/date. I'd def like to get a weekend trip going in late feb, and will let everyone know. Pretty sure I'll be at Hunter this Thurs. if anyone is around.

Arthur said:
I'll actually be at Mt. Creek tomorrow (Thurs) - for some reason I thought my friends said Hunter.  If I'm not too sore, from all the falling, I may be up for another trip Friday.  But, this is my first outing of the season, so def no guarantees. 

Nathan said:

I can make Mountain Creek on Friday.  And I snowboard also.  Let me know if you're still up for it.  What time...where to meet........that kinda stuff.

Nate

Devin Glashow said:

I was going to to go Hunter tomorrow (Wednesday) but I'm still too tired from driving home from Vermont in the blizzard (not the smartest idea as I learned).

I'll be at Mountain Creek NJ on Friday...if anyone is interested.

Holly said:

Hi Arthur,

Arthur said:

FYI:  What I learned today re: Mt. Creek:

1. Get there early!!  2. If you are going on a busy day/w'end and do NOT have your own ski/board equipment, try to rent before heading up, it will save you a lot of time/aggravation.  That said, I stopped at Pelican (Morris Plains) prior and they had an hour long wait.  Again, it's a holiday w'end, so completely understandable.  3. If you must rent equipment @ Mt. Creek, get in the rental line FIRST, as you pay for the lift/rentals separate (not true of a few other places I have been, unless this has changed everywhere).   They actually ran out of boots in certain sizes, and eventually ran out of boards.  

Also, they still have the "Triple Play" deal available until Jan 2 - which is 3 lift passes for $99.  Today was considered a "holiday" and would have been $62 alone.  

After today, think I am going to wait until I can get a mid-week or non holiday Friday trip in. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service