Hi Everyone,

I know I have spoken with a few people who ski/snowboard.  Anyone interested in a day trip or w'end getaway - in Jan or Feb?   For the day, I typically head up to Camelback, or Shawnee.  I have been to Killington (VT) but I'm hesitant to go back.  I still consider myself a fairly novice snowboarder, so Killington was a bit expensive for someone of my skill level.

That said, I am open to all input, ideas, suggestions and/or help in planning.

Holly

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha, calling me out huh?  That's because you are boys - you all have a built-in furnace or something.  My hands are cold when it's 60 degrees out : (  

Holly,

I belong to a ski club and have been snowboarding for awhile.  There a few pretty good places to go snowboarding in the area.  Windum Mountain, Elks Mountain, Catamount Mountain and Belleayre.  Camelback, Hunter and Mountain Creek can get pretty crowded during the weekends. 

Also, if you want to organize a trip, you should get a bus to drive everyone up.  People normally have a great time on the bus rides to the mountain.  How long have you been snowboarding?

Talk soon,

Marc

Im with you marc, We only go for night skiing for that reason and that its much cheaper, we go twice a week so going up to NY would be too much both time and money...

Marc said:

Holly,

I belong to a ski club and have been snowboarding for awhile.  There a few pretty good places to go snowboarding in the area.  Windum Mountain, Elks Mountain, Catamount Mountain and Belleayre.  Camelback, Hunter and Mountain Creek can get pretty crowded during the weekends. 

Also, if you want to organize a trip, you should get a bus to drive everyone up.  People normally have a great time on the bus rides to the mountain.  How long have you been snowboarding?

Talk soon,

Marc

Keep me in the loop :) Luftansa had some great int'l trips on sale.

Hope everyone is doing well.  I haven't had any luck pulling together a w'end trip - not sure if anyone else came up with anything??  If not, think I am going to stick to the day trips, and try to save some $ for some road trips, and other stuff, in the spring.  Judy, I hear Sun/Mon are supposed to be nice out, and I've been wanting to get up to Camelback at least once.  I have to take a look at a few things (re: cost) and I'll email you on here if I am def going.

Yeah, I'm going to see if I can get discount tickets because I don't wanna pay $55 for a ticket on the weekend to mountain creek.  Pending on how that goes, I might be up to going with you guys on Saturday.  Stay tuned.

Jonathan Chia said:

Hey, I'm always up for going out on a snowboarding trip, I haven't been on NJYP in the longest, but I have trouble finding people to snowboard with.

I'd gauge myself intermediate/advanced, I'm just beginning to get comfortable on the harder slopes and I can do blues without any problems now.

I'm down to go with any skill group, just let me know when and where and I'll see if I can go!

Regards,

Jon

sounds fun.  definitely keep me in the loop.  When you guys tired of snow and the cold, we can talk about hosting a hot beach trip to my crib in DR with advance notice.... big shout out to john lol!!   See other forum post!!

Holly said:

John - I like Camelback, so I would def go.  And, thanks for the info re: Mt Snow - that is really nice of you to offer.  Define 'couple' people : ).  We can work around your schedule for that one, maybe pick a w'end that works well for you and just plan it. 

Jeff - I didn't get to go last season, and only got out a handful of times the few years before that, so I'm right there with you.  I will def keep you (and this post) updated.

day trip sounds fun!!  Are you thinking of carpooling to save cost?  keep me posted. 

Holly said:

Hope everyone is doing well.  I haven't had any luck pulling together a w'end trip - not sure if anyone else came up with anything??  If not, think I am going to stick to the day trips, and try to save some $ for some road trips, and other stuff, in the spring.  Judy, I hear Sun/Mon are supposed to be nice out, and I've been wanting to get up to Camelback at least once.  I have to take a look at a few things (re: cost) and I'll email you on here if I am def going.

what time are you going?

Judy said:
I'll be going to Camelback this Sunday (2/13). Anyone like to join?
I posted in the "Beginner Trip" discussion, to see if anyone wants to head up to Warwick, NY this Sunday.  They give free lessons on weekends and holidays - for anyone who wants to brush up on their skills.  Also, let's try to get at least one group outing going.  Can anyone get together March 6th or 13th (both Sundays) or, March 19th is a Saturday.  We can keep an eye on the weather etc.  Maybe Camelback, then get dinner/drinks after.
The march trip sounds great! I am going to Barcelona this coming weekend and I was sad that I would miss out on skiing this season...
I'm up to meet up for a day out on the slopes. Just let me know what day everyone decides to set it for and how we will all meet up.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect!

Enter Your E-Mail for NJYP Event Updates!

Visit our sponsor partner

BAM Sports Leagues runs co-ed recreational sports leagues for adults in Northern/Central NJ!

Sports: Kickball, Dodgeball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, Volleyball.

Photos

© 2024   Created by Brian and Mike.   Powered by

info@NJYP.org  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service