New Jersey Young Professionals
Get out. Make friends. Meet people in NJ.
Join New Jersey Young Professionals
Hello everyone, I am currently unemployed and looking to start my career in either the marketing, pr, event planning, or social media industry. I am open to other fields as well. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
Senior Accountant, PROCEED, Inc. >> For a full job description, please send me a message.
The Senior Accountant, reporting to the Executive Director, leads all aspects of the organization’s accounting and finance operations. He/she develops policies to ensure quality assurance, internal control and overall financial health and solvency of the organization. The Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing annual agency and all program budgets, and for preparing, auditing, analyzing and verifying financial records, statements, and reports. Candidate will undergo a credit, social security, and criminal background check before final employment offer is made.
Essential Job Functions
The duties include, but are not limited to:
• Implement accounting procedures and internal controls necessary for quality assurance and the successful management of Financial Operations, including record management and retention, database management, tracking and reporting financial and Payroll information, pre-audit preparation and audit support, expense management, contract billing and collection, Fiscal communications and policies, reconciliation and closeout.
• Manages Accounting Payable and Accounts Receivable functions, including receipt of all invoices, approving account numbers, preparing checks and 1099s, and processing wire transfers.
• Performs all general accounting and bookkeeping including bank reconciliations, cash receipts management, and maintenance of all accounting files.
• Liaises with Payroll vendors to manage processing of semi-monthly payroll and report any adjustments. Includes inputting and tracking of time sheets, balancing and reconciliation of payroll runs, producing federal, state and local tax payments, answering employee questions and troubleshooting issues.
• Leads monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting closing processes, preparing financial statements, and financial reporting.
• Leads monthly variance meetings across organization and provides ongoing reporting and analysis on all expenditures.
• Leads the development of annual and multiyear budgets at all stages of the process from conceptualization to preparing spreadsheets to reporting.
• Leads annual audit process including interfacing with outside auditors, preparing schedule, and providing auditors with financial reporting and documentation of fiscal transactions.
• Assures compliance with 501c3 reporting requirements by calendaring and preparing all
Federal, State and City reports as needed.
• Works with development and program staff to assure compliance of active funder grants and contracts.
Qualifications Education and Experience
• B.S. degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance; CPA or MBA a plus.
• 3 years of experience in accrual based accounting, general ledger management and financial reporting. 3-5 years of higher level responsibility in Finance or Accounting preferred.
• Proficient with QuickBooks software required.
• Non-profit experience highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of GAAP, IRC, FASB, accrual base accounting, organizational auditing, fixed asset accounting and tax filing requirements.
• CNAP Certification a plus.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with all levels of personnel.
• Must have high level of professionalism and maintain confidentiality.
• Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations, etc.
Please forward cover letter and resume to Teresa Soto Vega at: email@example.com.
Hi, I am looking for full time work in the North Jersey area. I am my own transportation and can travel. I have my CompTIA A+ 801/802 certification and took CNET and CCNA classes. I also have a background in Customer Service, QA, Training and Marketing Management/Director experience. Fast learner, responsible and works well independently or in a team environment.
Feel free to reach me 201-736-4356 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a program for young men called Project: EmpowerMENt. It's a 13-week program created to help empower the lives of young men and to help them transform their lives in a positive way. I currently have the program in the Plainfield School District at the High School. I'm looking for help in marketing the program to other schools, improving my marketability as a change agent, and EmpowerMENt Coach. I am a NJ Licensed Clinical Social Worker and would like to collaborate with others with similar goals in empowering our youth and those with business backgrounds to expand my program's reach. I look forward to connecting. Please feel free to reach me at 732-474-8109. Thanks!
Randy Sconiers, LCSW
To be considered, you must email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. No calls, office visits or faxes please. You may work from home or our office, but you must supply your own computer equipped with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office and be able to pick up and drop off paperwork.
Duties and Responsibilities: Tasks you may be asked to do but are not limited to include:
processing invoices and input data into QuickBooks; reconciling monthly bank statements; reconciling corporate credit card transactions and collect receipts for transactions; processing receivables and revenue; creating/customizing QuickBooks reports as requested; assisting in preparation of financial reports, year-end audit and budget; depositing payments; working with vendors; purchasing; researching; and assisting in other finance and possibly administrative tasks, as needed.
Required Experience: Must have a minimum of an Associates’ degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in bookkeeping-related positions. Applicants must be highly organized, with a keen attention to detail and a commitment to high quality work; possess strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to work in Windows 7 with experience in Excel, Word, Quickbooks; and strong typing skills.
Expectations: You must have a good work ethic. You should be motivated, productive, organized, detailed, proficient, personable, have good communication skills, reliable, able to handle constructive criticism, and manage workload and deadlines effectively.
Compensation: This is a freelance (approximately 6-10 hours every two weeks) hourly position. Your rate is based on your experience, but will fall in a range of $15-25 an hour.
Hours: Our office hours are 9am – 6pm, Monday through Friday; however, your hours are negotiable and are based on workload.
About Us: Paul Kiesche Design, LLC. is a boutique commercial art studio specializing in the art of Graphic Design, Illustration and Fine Art. We maintain a casual, comfortable, and fun work environment; we also believe strongly in a good work/life balance! Our passion for art makes this the ideal workplace for the creative mind. We offer an array of services for each discipline, including web sites, branding, collateral, promotions, advertisements, packaging, and publication design. We are located in Chester, New Jersey. Check us out on the web at www.paulkieschedesign.com.
I am looking for a full time Accounting/Finance position, I have a BS in Accounting and 4 years of experience in Accounts Payable and Payroll, as well as General Ledger accounting, reconciling bank accounts and Financial Statements. Please let me know of any Accounting opportunities by messaging me. Thank you!
ONE DAY Pop Up Shop seeks passionate, enthusiastic and creative individuals for event in August (could lead to other events). Fun and fashion forward environment, if you would like to hear more please contact us! *PA licensed nail technician *commission based*creativity is a must
Centenary College is looking for part-time Accounting tutors for it's graduate program. You can find more information here: http://www.higheredjobs.com/institution/details.cfm?JobCode=1757231...
Wanted: motivated, coachable people with 10-15 hours a week. Are you with me so far? I am looking for people curious to learn more about a network marketing opportunity with the doctors who created ProActiv. I have partnered with Rodan + Fields Dermatologists, led by the world-renowned (literally!) doctors who created ProActiv solutions, to help launch their new line into the global market.
NJYP is hiring a hike leader - You'll get paid to lead 1 to 2 hikes a month in Somerset, Middlesex, Mercer, and Monmouth counties. You pick the dates and the hikes from our list. EMAIL LAURA@njyp.org for more info.
I am looking for a full-time job in customer service/ call center inbound. I am also a quick learner and pick up on things quickly. I have an associate degree in business and I really would like to find work. It has been really hard and nearly 3 years that i have been searching and with no luck. If anyone knows of anything please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. thanks
Good afternoon, I am looking for part-time work in the Montclair area. I am interested in almost any field, but have experience in marketing, retail, hospitality. Please email me directly with any leads.
Thank you very much!
REGIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE in the NORTHEAST!
Revelwood—a provider of IBM Cognos performance management and business analytics solutions to Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies—is hiring a Regional Account Executive in the Northeast to identify new business opportunities and move those opportunities to close. Primary responsibilities will include prospecting, opportunity identification/qualification through face-to-face interactions with prospects, and closing of sales. This position requires a solid ability to understand performance management and business analytics, gain product knowledge and learn terminology required to relate to the key priorities of prospective customers.
If you are a high energy, self-motivated individual, able to work independently and as part of a team, and like the idea of an uncapped compensation plan with an excellent benefits program, contact us immediately.
Bachelor’s degree required.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE - PARSIPPANY, NJ
Revelwood, a technology consulting firm that provides IBM Cognos performance management solutions to Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies, is seeking an Inside Sales/Telesales Rep to assist in helping the company reach its quarterly and annual growth goals by meeting and exceeding targets for new appointments and pipeline growth. This position requires a solid ability to understand performance management, gain product knowledge and learn terminology required to relate to the key priorities of prospective customers. Career growth opportunities available.
Education:Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
I am currently working as a Senior Auditor at Collabera: an end to end IT consulting, solutions and professional services company. My primary focus is on auditing internal operation functions to ensure the proper completion of workflows and hiring documents, though I also audit various external vendors that do business with us. I enjoy working in this field, however I am looking for new opportunies to better advance my career.
Please let me know of any opportunities you may be aware of.
Thank you in advance!!
IT Staffing, Recruiting, Business Intelligence, NY, NJ
MAJOR GIFTS & INDIVIDUAL GIVING ASSOCIATE @ Two River Theater Co., Red Bank, NJ
The Major Gifts and Individual Giving Associate is responsible for managing Two River Theater Company's (TRTC) cultivation of individual donors. The responsibilities of this position include prospect research, annual appeals, developing and managing TRTC's individual giving program and supporting the Development Director in the cultivation of individual relationships. The Major Gifts and Individual Giving Associate will also be responsible for assisting the Director of Development with tasks related to the Board Development Committee and in maintaining relationships with the Board of Trustees. He/she will report directly to the Director of Development.
For a detailed job description please visit: http://www.idealist.org/view/job/7fT67Ms6fdFP/
Welcome toNew Jersey Young Professionals
Sign Upor Sign In
Or sign in with:
© 2013 Created by Laura Occhipinti.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.